To achieve sustainable development requires effort on personal levels and general/communal efforts. Living sustainably/green more seem vague and mostly undoable to a lot of people but we promise you, it’s not!
Separating the dire need to protect our planet from the awful dangers that we as humans collectively subject our planet to, there are a lot of personal benefits to living ecofriendly. Living sustainably can also be a “selfish” action/decision.
From helping to save money to improved social awareness and better health by the elimination of harmful chemicals, to improving creativity and living a simplified/ minimalist lifestyle. The list is endless.
In this post we have provided tips that will make living in a way that will reduce our negative impact on our environment and the world at large much easier and doable.
Let’s get to it!
- Always carry your water bottle: This is one of the simplest things we can reduce waste/ plastic pollution and also save money. It might be difficult carrying a water bottle everywhere but we promise you it gets easy with time and the benefits outweigh what may seem like a little stress.
- Reusable Shopping bags: Having a personal reusable bag handy also helps to reduce plastic pollution. Refusing plastic shopping bags at your store runs is reducing your use of single-use plastics as most plastic shopping bags aren’t reused and end up not being properly disposed. Have your reusable shopping bags in your handbags, car, anywhere that comes in handy.
- Carpool: Going for a night out with your friends? A new movie is showing at the cinemas? Go together! Not only is it fun to commute with friends and loved ones you reduce your carbon emission by taking a single car.
- Growing your food/ Gardening: This may sound a little tedious at first but it’s an amazing economic and environmental decision. Growing your food will cut down on the amount of money you have to spend on food. Incorporating composting by using your organic home waste will also help to reduce the amount of waste you generate.
- Say no to Styrofoam: Polystyrene has already been banned in New york for the harm it causes to the environment. Styrofoam isn’t recyclable and ends up littering streets or even worse get washed into water bodies causing harm to aquatic life. So the next time you going to grab lunch at that little restaurant, take your food container with you. Keep a food container in your home, office and car maybe. Don’t be shy to bring it out instead of a single-use pack like everyone else, this is you fighting for our climate. Soldier on!
If you already do some or all of these, well done! You should try taking on more. And if you haven’t started any, here is a challenge, start now. Start big or start small, just start! #SustyLiving #EcoFriendly #GreenLiving.