Susty Opportunities: Zayed Future Energy Prize
The world is in desperate need of innovative solutions to create a new, sustainable energy future. No one knows who or where the next great energy solution will come from. Solutions and technologies that could change the world are being developed globally, and the $4 million Zayed Future Energy Prize, managed by Masdar in Abu Dhabi, is ready to recognize and reward these innovators.
The Zayed Future Energy Prize represents the vision of the Late Founding Father and President of the United Arab Emirates who championed environmental stewardship. This annual award celebrates achievements that reflect impact, innovation, long-term vision and leadership in renewable energy and sustainability.
Participants are invited to be a part of the vision and commitment to finding solutions that will meet the challenges of climate change, energy security and the environment.
The Zayed Future Energy Prize awards 5 categories with prize money of US $ 4 million distributed as such:
- Large Corporation – Recognition Award (No monetary value)
- Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) – US$ 1.5 million
- Non-Profit Organisation (NPO/NGO) – US$ 1.5 million
- Lifetime Achievement Award (For an Individual) – US$ 500,000
- Global High Schools (1 award for each of the below regions) – US$ 500,000 – Total value, divided amongst 5 Global High Schools in 5 different geographic regions, awarding each up to US$ 100,000
- The Americas
All submissions go through a four tiered evaluation process:
- A reputed international Research & Analysis firm conducts due diligence on all submissions to ensure that they meet the criteria of the Zayed Future Energy Prize: Impact, Innovation, Leadership and Long-Term Vision.
- The Review Committee meets to evaluate and score the short-listed entries received following the due-diligence.
- The Selection Committee reviews every entry and the final entries are sent to the Jury for final evaluation.
Global High Schools Committee reviews, assesses and score all entries received for the Global High Schools category and select the finalists
- The Jury meets in person to discuss the entries and select the winners per category. The final decision is unanimous and the winners will be announced during the Zayed Future Energy Prize Awards Ceremony taking place in Abu Dhabi during the Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week.
For the Global High Schools category – In response and as a commitment to the United Nations Secretary General’s Year of Sustainable Energy for All – the Global High Schools prize aims to encourage innovation among youth in developed and developing nations alike. It is targeted at high schools students.
Schools are asked to submit proposals for funding consideration to implement sustainability measures in their schools. These measures could range from the implementation of technologies to the incorporation of curriculum.
Deadline for submission: July 6, 2017.