UNLEASH is a global innovation lab that brings together people from all over the world to transform 1,000 personal insights into hundreds of ideas, and build lasting global networks around the Sustainable Development Goals.
Each year UNLEASH works with different themes. This year seven themes (Water, Food, Energy, Urban Sustainability, Sustainable Consumption & Production. Education & ICT and Health) have been chosen and under each theme there will be a number of insights for the SDG Talents to work on.
Until its culmination in 2030, UNLEASH will be held in a new country which will explore SDGs through the lens of the host country using local ways of living, thinking and working. This year it will be held in 10 Folk High Schools in Denmark. These are unique learning institutions located in the Danish countryside who focus on personal development, open collaboration, and hands-on learning.
Participants will go through a facilitated process of innovation, uniquely tailored by UNLEASH. They will form teams to explore real-life challenges within the 7 themes from multiple angles, before defining specific problems and coming up with preliminary solutions. These are tested with leading experts and company partners, then refined, and ultimately presented to peers and panels of judges and mentors.
The 1,000 SDG Talents will come from all over the world, representing diverse backgrounds and aspirations. They will represent their entire generation and act as champions on behalf of the SDGs.
The talents are:
- Creative and innovative people from all regions of the world.
- Passionate about solving some of the world’s pressing challenges.
- Excited about engaging in co-creation with peers and experts.
- Academics, entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs and technical experts.
- Primarily 20 to 35 years old.
Participants will be selected based on 5 Criteria:
- Demonstrated commitment to solving some of the world’s pressing challenges.
- Possession of a creative and innovative mindset.
- Proven track record of making contributions to solving social causes.
- Willingness to engage in co-creation with peers and experts.
- High proficiency in English with the ability to engage in complex discussions
UNLEASH picks talent based on their application but also with a target for an even split across regions, between genders, and between background.
Application deadline: May 1st, 2017.