The Delegation of the European Union to Nigeria and the UN Women Nigeria Country Office have launched a comic/cartoon competition on gender equality which aims to raise the awareness of Nigerian youth on gender issues.
Eligibility of Participants
- Must be between 18 and 28 years old as of August 31, 2017. Date of birth must be provided in the entry form.
- Must be a Nigerian residing in Nigeria.
- Must use a legal name and provide valid contact details along with drawing(s).
Eligibility of Drawing
- The drawing(s) must be without words.
- Drawings must fit on one A4 page (210mm x 297mm). Both portrait and landscape orientation are accepted. If a drawing comprises several pictures, the number of pictures should not exceed six boxes and the complete drawing must fit on one A4 page.
- The resolution of the drawing(s) must be at least 150 dpi or higher. Data size is limited to 5MB per drawing.
Acceptable formats include jpg, jpeg, png and pdf formats only.
Drawing(s) must not be in the determination of the Organizing Entities:
- Be disrespectful of the impartiality and independence of the United Nations and the EU Delegation to Nigeria;
- Reflect adversely on the Organizing Entities;
- Be incompatible with the aims and objectives of the Organizing Entities;
- Be derogatory to any persons depicted in the drawings;
- Contain any nudity, lewd, or otherwise offensive or inappropriate content.
Finalists will be invited to the Competition Award Ceremony in Abuja, scheduled to take place in November 2017.
Travel and accommodation costs will be taken care of by the organizing entities. Prizes are set out as below:
- First prize of EUR 1000
- Second prize of EUR 500
- Three third prizes of EUR 200 each
Terms of Participation
- To enter the Competition, participants must upload drawing(s) on the designated website by completing this form. Only entries uploaded on this designated website will be accepted.
- A maximum number of 2 drawing is accepted but must be entered at the same time.
- Drawing(s) must be entered by midnight (CET) 18 September 2017. Due to the expected high volume of last-minute entries, participants are advised to be entered well in advance of the entry deadline.
- Drawing(s) must be accompanied by a completed entry form providing name, date of birth, address, email, nationality, and country of residence.
- The five successful participants (finalists), as well as 10 to 15 semi-finalists, will be selected by a Panel of Judges made of at least five members.
- Successful participants will be notified by e-mail after the selection process.
- Successful participants who receive a notification e-mail from UN Women and/or EU Delegation to Nigeria MUST respond to the notification by a return e-mail declaring acceptance.
- The Delegation of the EU to Nigeria and the UN Women reserve the right to reallocate the prize to another participant if a response is not received within seven days of the notification.
Application Deadline: September 18th, 2017
To learn more, visit the official website