On friday, 13th of May, I attended a Climate Change art exhibition organised by Alliance Francaise Lagos in Moore House, Ikoyi.
The exhibition was in partnership with the Agence Française de Développement, Yann Arthus-Bertrand and the GoodPlanet foundation.
Through 21 photos from the book ” 60 solutions against climate change “, the exhibition emphasized – by a reference to projects financed by the AFD – concrete solutions in the fight against climate change and in favour of a sober growth model in carbon.
The exhibition has been going on globally, over 70 exhibitions have been organised accross countries all over the world.
For the Lagos event, we had amazing time looking through all the pictures, reading through and staying informed. Please see here for pictures of this event. One picture was taken in Lagos, see if you can find it. 🙂
Some of the presented solutions included:
- Burning Less Wood
- Fighting against air pollution
- Learning to adapt to the new reality that we can no longer depend on fossil fuels
- Use Renewable, Clean Energy
- Living together, fighting Climate change
- Managing Forests Sustainably
- Several little Dams are better than one.
- Feeding the world
- Help Farming Communities to preserve our planet by preventing deforestation
- Take better care of drinking water
- Protect Mangroves to ease local stresses
- Make Energy more accessible in rural areas
- Energy Efficiency
- Build a subway to keep pace with urban growth
- Inventing New Development Models
- Putting Garbage to Good Use
- Construct Energy Efficient Buildings
- Expanding transportation for all
- Improving Mobility in Megacities